CVS server install on Cygwin with SSH Authentification on Windows XP Pro : author still the same

Flo florent.lothon@free.fr
Tue Feb 17 17:36:00 GMT 2004

Ok

So thanks very much for your help

By

Flo

-----Message d'origine-----
Igor Pechtchanski
Envoyé : lundi 16 février 2004 22:55
À : Flo
Objet : Re: CVS server install on Cygwin with SSH Authentification on
Windows XP Pro : author still the same

Flo,

As you were successful in getting it to run with Cygwin's cvs/ssh, this
is
now getting off-topic for this list.  I suggest you look for a support
forum for your IDE and inquire there on how to set it up correctly.

Since I'm sending this anyway, however, check that your IDE doesn't
override CVSROOT for your repository (some do).  Also check that the
"ssh"
that your IDE sees is the Cygwin ssh; that when you make the changes,
the
server logs show a login by "max", not "Administrateur"; and that the
cvs
that gets run on the server is the Cygwin version.
	Igor

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Flo wrote:

> Ok i succesfully checked out my CVSROOT module from cygwin, edited the
> module file, and commited changes. The "log" command result was
correct,
> the author wasn't "Administrateur" but "max" my test user.
>
> But i have to find a solution tu use CVS with my IDE without Cygwin.
>
> It must exist a solution that doesn't need to install Cygwin and
> configuring it on each developper station.
>
> I change the environement variable CVS_RSH to ssh and i succesfully
> connected to CVS from my IDE with the following CVSROOT
> :ext:max@salon:/opt/cvs" and made changes but the author isn't correct

IP
> > address of my CVS Server ?
> >
> > I tried like this but i got the error message :

IDEA

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his
route