Known feature?

linda w cygwin@tlinx.org
Mon Feb 16 21:41:00 GMT 2004

I wonder how difficult it would be for her to apply her knowledge to strace
and implement the same (since i'm running on XP it would be pertinent)...

Corinna - thanks for the work-around.  I the possibility of turning off
tracing from
the command line, but didn't understand wny it would be needed wanted when
invoking strace...now I know...it's a kludge for not doing it on a
control-c exit.  Sigh.

thanks,
Linda

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 05:13:30PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> Indeed it is.  Though I'd note that Windows XP and later allow
>>> debuggers to detach from a process without killing it.
>>> (DebugActiveProcessStop(), DebugSetProcessKillOnExit()).
>>>

>> Indeed, it's already implemented in GDB.
>>

> And, for the cygwin historians -- Corinna was the person who implemented
> it in GDB.
>
> cgf
>
> --

   In the marketplace of "Real goods", capitalism is limited by safety
   regulations, consumer protection laws, and product liability.  In
   the computer industry, what protects the consumer?