"entry point __getreent" not found errors with sshd and inetd

Christopher G. Morlier cmorlier@alumni.washington.edu
Tue Feb 10 04:35:00 GMT 2004

Hi everyone,

I have been attempting to setup sshd and inetd, and have consistently
received entry point not found errors when both try to execute
(specifically: "The procedure entry point __getreent could not be located
in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll").

I have googled this problem and seen recommendations to ensure I have the
latest package versions, to reboot, and to ensure that I do not have
multiple copies of cygwin1.dll.   I have done all of these and continue to
get the error.  I am running Windows XP Home.

Is there anything else I should try?  What are the possible causes of this
problem?

Thanks,
Chris