1.0.0 : CVS Checkout via SSH = error : no such repository

Flo florent.lothon@free.fr
Mon Feb 9 18:36:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

Cygwin version : 1.5.7-1
On Windows XP Professional Ver 5.1 Build 2600

I installed a CVS Server and OpenSSH on Cygwin.
I succesfully remotly connect to my server via SSH
But when i try to checkout the CVSROOT module remotly i get this message
: cvs [server aborted]: /opt/cvs: no such repository

I think i made correctly the permission settings like this :

1. Add a Unix group cvs to your system. Any users who need to access the
repository should be in this group. For example, here's the relevant
line from my machine's /etc/group file:
CVS:*:105:kfogel,sussman,jimb,noel,lefty,fitz,craig,anonymous,jrandom
2. Make the repository's group ownership and permissions reflect this
new group:
floss$ cvs -d /opt/cvs init
floss$ cd /opt/cvs
floss$ chgrp -R CVS .
floss$ chmod ug+rwx . CVSROOT

I tried checkout from local successfully :

$ cvs -d /opt/cvs/ checkout -P CVSROOT
cvs checkout: Updating CVSROOT
U CVSROOT/checkoutlist

I made the same install (CVS and SSH) on another PC and i don't have
this problem, i successfuly checkout this module.

I expect it's the correct mailing list to report this kind of problem.

Flo