permission denied error during compilation

Albert Maier am5530@gmx.de
Thu Feb 5 08:35:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

I am using Cygwin to run the network simulator ns-2 under WinXP. During the
compilation of ns-2 I get a permission denied error  (see below). Cygwin is
installed on a FAT32 partition, so it shouldn't be any security issues.
There is a similar question in the mailing list. They wrote that the system
flag of the as.exe has to be set. I checked this already. I wrote the
question to the ns-2 mailing-lists. They told me, that this is a problem
with cygwin, but they didn't know a solution. Has anybody an idea how I can
solve this problem?

Thanks

Albert Maier

gcc: installation problem, cannot exec
`/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.1/..
/../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/as.exe': Permission denied
make: *** [tkScrollbar.o] Error 2
tk8.4.5 make failed! Exiting ...
For problems with Tcl/Tk see http://www.scriptics.com