ProFTPD 1.2.10 login trouble

Alder FDEMCICWKAID@spammotel.com
Wed Dec 15 20:12:00 GMT 2004

Greetings all,

I have no experience with ProFTP prior to using version 1.2.10, but I
would like to get a standalone server running as a Service on my W2K
system for users registered on that system.  I've attached the cygcheck
output for reference.

The immediate problem is that users that exist in the passwd file cannot
login to the server.  The message back from the server is:

	500 Sorry, no server available to handle request on 127.0.0.1

In /etc/proftpd.conf I have this:

ServerName                      "ProFTPD"
ServerType                      standalone
DefaultServer                   on
Port                            2021
Umask                           022
TimeoutStalled                  300
MaxInstances                    10
DefaultRoot                     ~
AllowOverwrite                  on
<Limit SITE_CHMOD>
   DenyAll
</Limit>

About the only changes are to the Port and MaxInstances directives, and
I am sure my FTP client is making its request to the correct port when I
tested.

Connections attempts are recorded in the log file as follows:

<server> - error setting write fd IP_TOS: Invalid argument
<server> - error setting read fd IP_TOS: Invalid argument
<server> - error setting write fd TCP_NOPUSH: Protocol not available
<server> - error setting read fd TCP_NOPUSH: Protocol not available

Nothing in the log about the connection attempt though.

Any pointers on debugging this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alder