Firing up latest zsh with latest cygwin OOPS!

Andrew Markebo andrew.markebo@comhem.se
Fri Dec 10 19:28:00 GMT 2004

/ "Peter A. Castro" <doctor@fruitbat.org> wrote:
| On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Andrew Markebo wrote:
|
|> Been messing around with my .zshell initfiles I have noticed that it
|> is my configuration of history file that makes it hang.

[...]

| Commenting out HISTFILE means no history will be written.  Are there any
| special permissions/ownership on ~/.history ?  Is this file being used
! by, say, bash or some other file at the same time?  Might could be a
| locking issue, but it's strange that it just now is occuring.  Try
| changing the name of HISTFILE to something else, like ~/.zhistory and see
| if it still hangs.

Nope not used for my bashes, they are using ~/.bash_hist, one thing I
saw was that it seemed every time I tried to launch a zsh, a file
~/.history.PID was created. ~/.history was history of my old zsh's

Now trying it on my computer at home.. same problem

BTW the .history.PID file contains just PID.

               /Andy

--
 The eye of the compiler rests on the code!