configure-script failure

Peter Ekberg peda@axentia.se
Mon Aug 30 19:48:00 GMT 2004

> > > "configure -v"?  "bash -x configure"?  Come on, man, do some
> > > *debugging*!
> > > 	Igor
> >
> > Attached is the output of a bash -x run of my testcase,
> available here:
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2004-08/msg01025.html
>
> Quoting the relevant part of the attached "bashlog":
>
> + ac_package=extra-includes
> + expr xextra-includes :
> '.*[^-_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ012
> 3456789]'
> + echo 'configure: error: invalid package name: extra-includes'
> configure: error: invalid package name: extra-includes
> + exit 1
>
> > Looks like a bug to me as "extra-includes" is alphanumeric, which I
> > believe is what is being tested.
>
> Yes, it does seem wrong.  Now the question is whether bash is
> getting the
> wrong return code from expr, or whether the && doesn't work
> properly, or
> whether there's some other problem here.  Can you reproduce this under
> strace?  I don't suggest that you send the raw strace output
> to the list,
> but examining it might be helpful in tracking this down.

Not the whole strace output, but a snippet around the actual problem.
I don't know if it is useful. It's not useful to me...
I have the whole output (~12MB) readily available on request.

I used this command to generate the log:
"strace bash ../../ggi3/ggi-core/libgii/configure --prefix=/usr
--with-extra-includes=/cygdrive/c/dx9csdk/include &> bashstrace"

Cheers,
Peter