getting exim and imapd to talk

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Thu Aug 19 06:46:00 GMT 2004

Mike Skallas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed exim and imapd, but when connecting to the imap service
> with thunderbird I don't see any of the mail.  What do I have to
> change so that all mail that comes to exim gets put in a place where
> imapd can process it? Thanks.

I had this working when exim was running under Cygwin on my XP box. I
have since moved exim and imap over to a Linux box.

Are you sure that the imapd is responding? Try "telnet localhost imap".
Does it respond?

Do you have email in /var/mail/<username>? Send yourself and email.
Check exim's log file to insure it was delivered. Check
/var/mail/<username> to make sure it was dropped in your inbox. Check
that the imapd service "answers the call".

You might also check to see if POP is working...
--
You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the track.