Run complex chain of windows batch files in cyg-FINAL

geneSmith gene.smith@sea.siemens.com
Thu Aug 12 14:46:00 GMT 2004

geneSmith wrote, On 8/12/2004 10:10 AM:

> Nicolas Roche wrote, On 8/12/2004 6:46 AM:
>

>>did you launch the Windows Shell (using cmd) in your term before starting your
>>build process ?
>>

>>Nico
>>

> I tried that but it didn't seem to work. Turns out it is a two step
> process. You first have to run "cmd" as you say. Then you run a dos bat
> file to set up the env which seems to complete but unless you type
> "exit" it does not take effect. After typing exit you can run the nmake
> (still in windows cmd mode) which runs as if it were in a regular
> command window (dos box). After the nmake finishes, you can type exit
> again which returns you to bash mode in the rxvt box.
>
> Thanks for the help!

The first "exit" was operator error. I had put the "cmd" into the env
setting bat and had not taken it out. When I took it out all okay (no
extra exit needed to continue to the nmake step).

--
Lit up like Levy's