MySQL Client, Windows 2000 Server, Cygwin

Will Martell willmartell@yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 17:37:00 GMT 2004

Hello Group,

I hope all are well.

I am trying to resolve a problem with the MySQL client compiled under
Cygwin.

I am receiving the error:
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

I fixed the problem by invoking MySQL like this:
mysql -h 127.0.0.1

My Question is... How can I avoid having to type this "-h 127.0.0.1" in
every time I access mysql from cygwin.

I have made an alias for mysql in my .bashrc file and it works fine, but
I feel like I am cheating.

Do I have to rebuild from source to set the correct parameter??

If I do have to rebuild from source, could someone tell me what
parameter to set so that I can build it correctly.

Thanks in Advance for your help.  And Thank You for reading my email.

William Martell
Dallas Texas