g++ 3.4.0 cygwin, codegen SSE & alignement issues

Alejandro López-Valencia dradul@etb.net.co
Wed Apr 28 12:08:00 GMT 2004

At 04:06 a.m. 28/04/2004, Ross Ridge wrote:
>This is a GCC and/or Binutils (as/ld) bug.  GCC puts constants in the
>".rdata" section, but this section only 4-byte aligned.
>
> >Take note that my app doesn't generate sse1/2 on its own, it all comes
> >from gcc.
>
>Well, that makes the workaround simple, just use the "-mno-sse",
>"-mno-sse2" options, don't use the "-mfpmath=sse" option and GCC shouldn't
>generate any SSE1/2 instructions.

Or, instead, add -mms-bitfields -malign-double to your CFLAGS and
-Wl,--fdata-sections to your LDFLAGS sectiion. It may or may not work but
at least the failure will be different.

--
Alejandro López-Valencia
http://dradul.tripod.com/