unknown device

Dave Korn dk@artimi.com
Thu Apr 15 17:50:00 GMT 2004

  Google helps those who help themselves:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=pngalpha

  The very first entry in the list of search results is:

"[gs-cvs] gs/src
... bcwin32.mak devs.mak gdevpng.c gdevprn.h macosx.mak msvc32.mak
openvms.mak os2.mak
unix-gcc.mak unixansi.mak watcw32.mak Log Message: Add pngalpha device that
www.ghostscript.com/pipermail/ gs-cvs/2003-March/003022.html - 27k - Cached
- Similar pages "

  I clicked on it.  Here's two salient details from that page:

#1) "Log Message:
Add pngalpha device that uses RGBA, with the alpha channel
providing pixel coverage.  Used for generating PNG images with a
transparent background.  "

#2) "Tue Mar 11 03:36:44 PST 2003 "

  Here's one salient detail from your earlier post:

#3) "> $ gs -version
> GNU Ghostscript 7.05 (2002-04-22)"

  Any further questions?

[  There's really no earthly reason you shouldn't have been able to work
this out for yourself.  I don't even use gs and haven't looked at it in four
or five years, but it only took me ten seconds to figure out what was wrong.
]

    cheers,
      DaveK