df reports negative values on Network Shares

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Thu Apr 15 13:32:00 GMT 2004

OK, there are two points to make:

  1. Winzip is not the same as 'tar' when it comes to installing Cygwin
     packages.  If you have problems as a result of choosing to install
     Cygwin packages this way, you're on your own.  However, I agree with
     you that this is not obviously the cause of the problem that started
     this thread.  But I feel obligated to make the point for clarity sake
     (at least for the email archives).  And you'll probably want to start
     from scratch with your Cygwin installation once this is "all over".

  2. The fact that you're getting "disk full" messages from Windows
     operations indicates the problem you're experiencing is beyond the
     scope of Cygwin.  I believe this thought has occurred to you as well.
     The only thing I can suggest is the standard disk diagnostics (chkdsk,
     etc) to see if you can find the source of the problem.  If you can get
     Windows to behave properly with these operations, then I think you'll
     be less likely to see related problems while using Cygwin.

Larry