home directory not created in cygwin installation

Ji-Wei Wu Ji-Wei.Wu-1@nasa.gov
Tue Sep 30 21:50:00 GMT 2003

I downloaded and installed the latest cygwin today on my computer.  I
followed all defaults during installation (in c:\cygwin).  After that, I
started a cygwin bash shell but found that it did not start in the
/home/$USER directory ($USER means the user name I use to log onto my
computer).  The actual directory is /sygdrive/c, which means the c: drive
on my computer.  What went wrong in my installation and can anyone help me?

Thanks.