disabling all forms of autoindentation in cygwin's vim

Carlo Florendo carlo@astra.ph
Fri Sep 26 01:44:00 GMT 2003

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 11:49:07AM +0800, Carlo Florendo wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>The cygwin version of vim, when installed, works well.  However,
>>autoindentation is forced on the user by default.  I've mailed the vim
>>mailing list and asked about this.  Vim's creator answered and said that
>>autoindentation is disabled by default.
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vim&m=106439851629020&w=2
>>
>>Why is autoindentation enabled by default in cygwin's vim?
>>

>It isn't.  I don't know what's wrong on your machine but autoindent
>is not enabled by default in Cygwin vim.  The Cygwin install is not
>different from the (non-GUI) vim installation on any other machine.
>I'm sorry but there's apparently something wrong on your machine.

I'm *very* sorry.  Something was wrong and it didn't have anything to do
with anyone else.

>Do you have another version of vim installed as well?  Perhaps a
>native Windows version?  Do you have another vimrc file which is
>used by that version and which is accidentally opened by Cygwin
>vim as well?

I copied the vimrc example file and set it as my vimrc.  I then forgot
all about it.   When  I fired up vim, forgetting that I copied the vimrc
example and set it as my vimrc, I  wondered why autoindentation was
enabled.   I *should've* wondered why the *example* vimrc had
autoindentation enabled but that doesn't make sense since the vimrc file
is just an example.  And to ask why autoindentation is enabled in an
example file is dumb.  Besides, it is just an example.

All apologies for strting this useless noise and traffic.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Carlo
------