disabling all forms of autoindentation in cygwin's vim

Carlo Florendo carlo@astra.ph
Thu Sep 25 04:41:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

The cygwin version of vim, when installed, works well.  However,
autoindentation is forced on the user by default.  I've mailed the vim
mailing list and asked about this.  Vim's creator answered and said that
autoindentation is disabled by default.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vim&m=106439851629020&w=2

Why is autoindentation enabled by default in cygwin's vim?  Yes, I know
you are mean, but could this be rectified?

Having these in the vimrc file doesn't disable autoindentation completely:

set noautoindent
set nocindent
set nosmartindent
set indentexpr=
filetype indent off

Yes, these don't disable indentation completely because more config
files are loaded after vimrc such as syntax files, files under
ftplugins, etc.

Could I suggest (ping corinna...) that autoindentation be disabled by
default so it conforms with the vim defaults as released by its
creator?  How could I disable any and all sorts of indentation in
cygwin's vim.

Attached is cygcheck.out

Thanks!

Best Regards,