Problem with perl distro?

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Wed Sep 24 07:55:00 GMT 2003

Hallo Peter,

Am Mittwoch, 24. September 2003 um 01:55 schriebst du:

> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>> # Variables used in loop
>> my $screen = "";
>> my $fldname = "";

> Changing my script to this and using "export PERLIO=crlf" got rid of all
> the warnings for me.  I didn't know the latter, so thanks for teaching
> me something new today! :)

crlf is one PERLIO layer which does LF -> CR/LF conversion on
generated outputs and CR/LF -> LF on inputs.  But use with care, there
were bugs and nasty side effects (e.g. outfiles with CR/CR/LF) and I'm
not sure that all problems were fixed.

More about PERLIO in the docs: e.g. `perldoc perlio`.

You may want to use Unix line endings only for your input, that is get
rid of all CRs in your data files.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=