^C not getting to sub, sub, sub, sub processes

Rolf Campbell Endlisnis@mailc.net
Sat Sep 20 03:56:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I have a reproducable (at least on my machine) of some ^C handling issues.
>>
>>#!/bin/python
>>import sys, os, select
>>
>>if(int(sys.argv[1]) > 0):
>>   os.system(sys.argv[0] + " %d" % (int(sys.argv[1])-1))
>>else:
>>   select.select([], [], [], 10)
>>
>>Try running this as "./deep.py 0", and then, when it's waiting, hit ^C,
>>it will terminate fine.  Now try it as "./deep.py 1", and then hit ^C.
>>Nothing happens.  I see this when I try to cancel my build, but ^C
>>doesn't work when the process tree is too deep.
>

> Interesting.  This is an *ancient* bug.  I think it even predates my
> involvment in cygwin.  It was a bug in the system() call.  It should be
> fixed in the latest snapshot, available now.
>
> Thanks for the test case.

No problem, thank you for the quick fix (works great now).  BTW, I have
some machines that are still running 1.3.17, and I could not reproduce
this ^C issue on them.  I don't really care, but I thought I would
mention it.