getopt: ugly linker messages

Fri Sep 19 03:54:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 12:53:22PM -0700, Bryan Higgins wrote:
>
>>How can I suppress the linker messages
>>
>>Info: resolving _opterr by linking to __imp__opterr (auto-import)
>>Info: resolving _optarg by linking to __imp__optarg (auto-import)
>>Info: resolving _optopt by linking to __imp__optopt (auto-import)
>>Info: resolving _optind by linking to __imp__optind (auto-import)
>>
>>which now appear?
>

> #include <getopt.h>
>
> and don't define any of the getopt variables yourself.

In general, these 'resolving blah by linking to __imp_blah' messages can
be suppressed by using the '--enable-auto-import' flag to ld (or
-Wl,--enable-auto-import' for gcc).

If you do that, ld figures that you really know what you're doing, and
don't need the 'informational' messages concerning auto-import.

--
Chuck