Problem with stopping postmaster with pg_ctl

Christopher Faylor cgf-rcm@cygwin.com
Tue Sep 16 22:00:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 02:44:50PM -0700, John Pagakis wrote:
>Igor -
>You may be on to something ....
>
>If I say "which kill" at the command line it tells me /usr/bin/kill; if I
>echo it out of the script I get the same thing.  If I type
>"/usr/bin/kill -15 9999" at the command line I get Usage.  If I type
>"kill -15 9999" it works just fine.

I just noticed that /usr/bin/kill doesn't handle -N signals, where -N is
a number in 1.5.4.  That's due to the recent inclusion of getopt into
the DLL.  I fixed this recently and, if you download a recent snapshot,
this particular problem would be solved.  Unfortunately, you'd be trading
this problem for other odd signal problems so I wouldn't recommend using
a snapshot quite yet.

cgf