ntsec: changing the everyone user

Chris Rodgers cygwin@bulk.rodgers.org.uk
Mon Sep 15 11:58:00 GMT 2003

Hi

I have hunted on the web for a while trying to find a solution, but to no
avail. If any of you can help me, I'd appreciate it.

I am using Cygwin on Windows 2000 with the NTsec permissions enabled on an
NTFS volume. My problem is that some of the Cygwin tools I use require
certain files to be world readable or even world read-writable. Currently,
this translates to giving the "Everyone" user read or even read-write access
within C:\cygwin. Is there a way to map the unix "other" permissions onto a
different Windows 2000 user/group in order to close up this security hole?

Yours

Chris Rodgers