Can't start network utilities in cygwin with WinGate client

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Thu Sep 11 14:54:00 GMT 2003

At 10:28 AM 9/11/2003, Shahid Manzoor you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have installed WinGate client on my windows2000 machine and all
>applications like ssh, scp, startx using TCP/IP does not work in cygwin.
>If i disable WinGate client then these works.
>
>Please tell me how can I solve this problem
>
>Shahid Manzoor

Sounds like you haven't configured WinGate to open the TCP/UDP needed to
run.  ssh is TCP port 22.  I'm guessing this handles scp too.  No clue
what the issue is with startx.  You can check the xfree list about that
if it's truly something Cygwin/X related.  Best bet is to check the docs
first though.

Holliston, MA 01746