Cygwin setup 2.340.2.5, wget, openssl

Thu Sep 4 14:35:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 01:54:34PM +0100, re2823@SAFe-mail.net wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm running a fresh install of cygwin on Windows 2000, and having installed the base packages, I run setup again so that I can install the wget package. When I select the wget package inside the setup application, the openssl package also gets selected for install, but I think this is misleading because the version of the openssl package that is automatically selected for install is 0.9.7b-3, which does _not_ provide one of the requisite dlls that wget needs to work (wget seems to need cygcrypto.dll, while the closest thing that the openssl-0.9.7b-3 package provides is cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll).
>
> I realize that I can manually deselect the openssl package (version 0.9.7b-3) once setup has automatically selected it for me, and then add the openssl096 package, but I think this is making people jump through hoops just to get cygwin up and working. Would it not, in fact, be easier just to remove _all_ automatic dependency checking, and get people to work their own dependencies out by hand (at least then they would _not_ be led to believe that openssl-0.9.7-b3 is a prerequisite for wget, as the setup application suggests)?
>
> I've attached the output of cygcheck -s. Please let me know if you need any more information.

That was me.

I have proactively removed the dependency (openssl -> openssl096)
since all new packages build for 1.5.x should definitely build against
openssl.  There will be no openssl096 package for 1.5.x.  However, I've
changed the setup.hint file of wget to depend on openssl096 for now.

As soon as our wget maintainer rebuilds a new wget release against
Cygwin 1.5.x, it will also automagically build against openssl-0,97
and the dependency has to be reverted to openssl.

HTH,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.