sshd setup question

Dan Adams dan@infochi.com
Mon Sep 1 22:38:00 GMT 2003

Thanks for the comment about cygrunsrv and the method of removing service
from win2k That worked well

Since I have inetd working well. I have a telnet server and also a FTP
server, but neither is available outside of my firewall. I thought that I
would try and see if I could use the sshd server that I just setup via the
inetd thing. When I did this, I got an error message of:

ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer

What would this mean? This is the only error message that I have been
getting from the ssh deamon when I try and connect, and even before I ran
that setup script.

Dan Adams - dan@infochi.com
http://www.infochi.com

"Larry Hall" <cygwin-lh@cygwin.com> wrote in message
> OK, visit <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> and provide the requested
info.
> Also, send along (attached too) your /etc/passwd and /etc/group files.
The