Compiling Iroffer with a fresh install of cygwin - 4 attachments

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Mon Sep 1 12:00:00 GMT 2003

Please do not take discussions off the mailing list unless there is good
reason to make them private.

Doing so:

Is bad for me: Your mail doesn't get filtered into my "Cygwin" folder.
Is bad for you: You drastically reduce the number of people who may look at
your problem.
Is bad for others: They might have a similar problem, and benefit from the
discussion.

Damien wrote:
> On 01 sept. 2003, you wrote in gmane.os.cygwin:
>
>> More info needed. The configure output doesn't look autoconfy, but
>> presumably it left some log you can look at for more info?
>
> In the result of configure, here is the error :
>
> 1) Seeing if compiling with standard #include's works...  ***ERROR***:
> couldn't build with standard #include's
>
> 2) Determing the signedness of 'addrlen'... Unknown. ***ERROR***:
> neither signed or unsigned worked.
>
> 3) Checking for regcomp()... Missing. ***ERROR***: couldn't find regcomp
> ()

Yes, you already posted those. I was looking for more info.

<snip excerpts from Configure>

Since it is small, and I am in a good mood, I downloaded iroffer.

It turns out that you can run "./Configure errors" to see the compiler error
output.
You will see that is complains about "cannot find -lregex". This is because
modern Cygwin has regex functionality built right in to the cygwin DLL
itself. No extra library options are needed.

So, modify Configure appropriately, and go tell iroffer's maintainer that
cygwin hasn't had a libregex.a for several years now.

Max.