Octave fails to open pipe to pgnuplot

taltman@lbl.gov taltman@lbl.gov
Tue Oct 28 20:15:00 GMT 2003

Well, that would be a good question for the Cygwin folks, because
AFAIK, they implement their own POSIX layer independent of what
Windows provides ( they run a Cygwin *.dll to emulate a GNU/Linux-like
POSIX environment ). It should be independent of the 98-ME vs. NT-XP
line of Windows OSes.

Thomas, not to beat you up for this, but I personally would recommend
one of the following:
* upgrade to a NT-XP Windows operating system. Even Windows fans
despise '98. I understand if this is not an option for you.
* install GNU/Linux / *BSD on another partition on the machine
* use a GNU/Linux bootable CD ( for example, Knoppix ) with Octave on
it.

Best of luck!

~Tomer

P.S.- I'm copying this to the Cygwin folks.