(newbie) "Unable to load setup.ini..." error

news.gmane.org t.bothorel@ool.fr
Sat Oct 25 14:49:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I read the archives and google before and I have no problems with trailing
blanks or trailing slashes. I also deleted last-mirror file.

I have several packages I put on my local webserver.
I added this url during setup (2.416), and packages shows up.

Then I uploaded the directory to my ISP. When I add this url during my
setup,
I always get the message "unable to load setup.ini...". I tried from another
computer, same result (W2000 and XP). I verified that setup.ini was not
corruped. I also tried setup.ini with unix and dos line endings.
My ISP is french Wanadoo (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/t.b/cygwin) . I am not
able
to test with another one.

Thanks