Cannot Start Cron

Buck Turgidson jc_va@hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 17:55:00 GMT 2003

Please check your C:\WINNT40 for other utilities,
such as 'cron.exe'.  Consider deleting these
programs, or moving them to another directory
in your PATH.

3. Please examine your /var/log/cron.log to see
if it provides any useful messages.

4. Please provide a copy of your crontab:

    $ crontab -l > crontab.txt

5. Run the following command to check your
   cygwin packages:

    $ cygcheck -c | fgrep Incomplete

   If any packages are listed, then consider
   running 'setup.exe' and selecting the
   'Reinstall' option.

Also, at some point, consider the possibility of
converting your C drive's file system from FAT
to NTFS, if doing that conversion won't cause
other problems.  Windows provides the 'convert'
command for this purpose.

--------------
No dups on cron.  I do have it as an NT startup service, and I get an error
upon booting saying that it couldn't be started.  I wonder if that means
something.  Maybe it is being started as the wrong user?

Nothing return for the Incomplete stuff.

My cron is very simple, so here is the text, rather than an attachment.

Thanks again for looking.

# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
# (/tmp/crontab.341 installed on Fri Oct 24 12:57:58 2003)
# (Cron version -- $Id: crontab.c,v 1.7 2003/04/15 15:13:41 corinna Exp $)
*/1 * * * * /home/buckg/monsql