tcsetattr ()

Brian Ford ford@vss.fsi.com
Fri Oct 17 20:46:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 08:29:26AM -0600, Craig Gullixson wrote:
> >As far as I can tell, the Cygwin 1.5+ releases has broken tcsetattr ().
> >It appears that tcgetattr () works OK, but tcsetattr () seems to have
> >no affect on the tty's settings.
>
> You aren't providing any details.  What is a tty?  A windows console?
> A pty?  A bash session with CYGWIN=tty?  A serial line?
>
> Obviously tcsetattr works fine for ptys, windows consoles and when
> CYGWIN=tty so I suspect that you are referring to a serial device.
>
> Since no cygwin developer that I know of routinely checks serial lines
> it is possible that something is broken.  It is unlikely that this has
> anything to do with increasing sizes to 64 bits unless you haven't
> recompiled and relinked your application.

We routinely use /dev/com1 to talk to serial joysticks.  tcsetattr() WFM.
Not that I am really a "cygwin developer".

> So, as always, we are in the beloved territory of PTC.

Incidentally, I am working on a trivial cleanup patch to fix:

I just haven't had time to test it thoroughly yet.  I have no idea about
this person's second "random hang" problem.  It wasn't very eloquently
described.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer