linux/*.h include files

Flavio Rabello de Souza rabello@escelsa.com.br
Fri Oct 17 20:10:00 GMT 2003

thanks steve!

But i still getting an error :(

Looks like its not completelly implements the linux/if_ether.h and
linux/in.h :)

the error message i got:

$ gcc -o sniffer sniffer.c
sniffer.c: In function `main':
sniffer.c:14: error: `PF_PACKET' undeclared (first use in this function)
sniffer.c:14: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
sniffer.c:14: error: for each function it appears in.)
sniffer.c:15: error: `ETH_P_IP' undeclared (first use in this function)

do you have any suggestion?

At 14:55 17/10/2003, you wrote:
>Flavio Rabello de Souza wrote:
>

>>I´m trying to compile a C program under cygwin but it uses some linux
>>include files. (#include <linux/in.h> and #include <linux/if_ether.h>)
>
>On my cygwin system I have both <netinet/in.h> and <net/if.h> . These are
>the 'standard' includes that they probably should have used if they wanted
>their code to be portable. Try them and see if that helps. These standard
>include files will usually in turn include the 'platform specific' header
>files for that system. It is best to never use the 'platform specific'
>version (e.g. linux/*.h, cygwin/*.h ) directly unless it is in code which
>would never compile and run on any other system.
>
>Steve.

Atenciosamente, (Sincerelly,)

Flavio Rabello

fone: 55-27-3348-4096
fax:  55-27-3348-4289

Frase do dia:
Microsoft products work great ... until you install them !

Public PGP key at server pgpkeys.mit.edu port 11371