system() refuses to work!!! HELP

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Oct 15 05:50:00 GMT 2003

Moises D. Deangelo wrote:

> Yes.
>
> When entering with the command ls -l /bin/sh.exe, the appeared following:
>
> -rwxr-x---+ 1 Diego Usuários 83456 Aug 11 10:45 /bin/sh.exe
>

> And now? what Do I do? Does that mean something? How I said, or the
> command system() works, or I learn to activate speaker through cygwin.
> In ultimo case, whether someone knows how to execute a .WAV or .MP3
> and can explain am thankful.

You could try system("/bin/cat <file>.wav > /dev/dsp"). Note that this
does not handle mp3's just wav's.

(Note that /bin/cat will probably not work for a Turbo C program because
/bin/cat is a Posix path. You might need to do something more like
system("C:\Cygwin\bin\bash -c '/bin/cat <file>.wav > /dev/dsp'"). Also
note that you need to subsititute a real wav file name for <file>.wav).