Possible bug in text/binary mode handling in cygwin1.dll version 1.5

Vladimir Vysotsky trivee@trivee.org
Mon Oct 13 23:08:00 GMT 2003

Rolf Campbell wrote:
> C: is not mounted in text mode. /c is mounted in text mode. C: isn't
> mounted at all.

I see your point. However, prior to 1.5 the mount table worked (i.e.,
determined the file mode) even if the path started with "C:", as far as
I understand.

> If you set CYGWIN=textmode then that would mean that windows-style
> paths would be treated as text-mounts.

Is there a way to specify that _some_ windows-style paths are to be
treated as text-mounts, and others as binary?

Vlad