missing java headers

Frédéric L. W. Meunier 0@pervalidus.tk
Sun Oct 5 00:26:00 GMT 2003

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >>I'm thinking about it for a while now.  Ok.  I'll release a first
> >>tarball the next week, including all frontends and Pascal as previously
> >>advertised.
> >
> >While you're at it, I'd (again) suggest splitting it in various parts.
> >Most people only install C and C++.  The rest takes a lot of space,
> >mainly Java and Ada.
>
> Yes, I was going to suggest that, too.

> This is clearly the right way to do this but it is a lot more
> work.

Yes, but once you get it set up in the script...

I don't know how Cygwin handles it (maybe I should download
some source packages - I'll), but the Linux distributions seem
to just split it without recompiling the whole thing various
times with --enable-languages=c++ (you don't need to specify
c), then --enable-languages=c++,java etc.

An example which works and may help Gerrit (I use the resulting
C and C++ packages) is the 3.3.1 script from Slackware -
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/slackware/slackware-current/testing/source/gcc-3.3.1/gcc.SlackBuild

I guess Cygwin doesn't need a separate C++ package.

Space matters when you enable all languages. In the above, the
resulting .tgz packages use 9.116.303 bytes for C and C++, and
more 21.065.308 for the other languages. Uncompressed...

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html