'dig', 'nslookup' etc?

Steve Coleman Steve.Coleman@jhuapl.edu
Fri Oct 3 16:25:00 GMT 2003

Brian Dessent wrote:

>You can use the binaries from the precompiled win32 BIND packages from
>ISC.  They're not cygwin aware, but since they're ports from a unix-like
>environment you can hardly tell the difference.

For the client side command line there is also
"/cygdrive/C/WINNT/system32/NSLOOKUP.EXE" on some Win32 OS's but because
it is not Cygwin aware you can not use it in a pipe, popen, perl
open(X,"cmd |"), or by greping the stdout for the desired patterns
within a script. I hve been looking for something to do a little
scripting of my custom dynamic DNS updates at home and found the perl
Net::DNS package yesterday, but alas, installing via CPAN.pm it failed
some of its tests. I'll have to look into this package a little more
when I have the time.