Postinstall hangs with bash

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Fri Oct 3 00:18:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) wrote:

> Igor?
>
>  Have you been able to reproduce the hang using "my" scripts?
>
> As I said earlier, they're stripped down versions of
>         /etc/postintsall/XFree86-bin-icons.sh
>  obviously there are a number of people having problems with that
> particular script.

Hannu,

As I said before, I'm unable to reproduce the hang on my machine at all -
setup always runs to completion.

> Hrm!? I think I made it!
>  gzip'ed strace output attached (>100K before gzip).
>
> I changed the "part2.sh" script as shown below.
> The remainder of the text shows how I managed to get the hang with this
> strace added.
> I hope this helps.
>
> NOTE: I've NOT checked the strace for validity.
> I find the output rather daunting - as I'm not familiar with cygwin
> internals.
> There is 66 lines with "cygpath" though.

That doesn't tell you much.  You should have grepped for cygpath's PID...

I don't have time right now to look at the strace.  Unless someone else
does, I may get to it some time next week.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu