no longer administrator, can't mkdir /foo

Mike Maxwell maxwell@ldc.upenn.edu
Thu Oct 2 19:14:00 GMT 2003

DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
> You may need to get permission to temporarily logon as a local admin
> and then change the owner of all of the directories under cygwin.
> As almost all of my directories and files seem to be owned by
> admins.mkgroup.  See if you can change the ownership to the Power User
> group or something else that you are a member of.

That may be, but it won't happen quickly--our sys admin people are trying to
put out fires resulting from the break-in.  I won't try to say what I think
of whoever broke in...
--
    Mike Maxwell
    Linguistic Data Consortium