Perl - trying to install libwin32

Paul W cygwin@phred.org.uk
Wed Oct 1 09:20:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 04:57, Charles Owens wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I'm also seeing the same problem as Paul when trying to compile
> libwin32-0.191 (patched) on cygwin.  This is with both gcc 3.3.1 and gcc
> 3.2 20020927 (prerelease) .

As a followup to my last message,

The reason that I wanted libwin32 was to drive Word and Excel via COM. I
discovered that COM was somehow borked (didn't work properly under VB
either). I assumed that the perl compile problem was due to bitrot on
that box and I've switched to another machine, which has ActivePerl
installed on it. I'd prefer to use Cygwin's perl for CPAN and
consistency with Linux, but it's all working so I don't want to rock the
boat at the moment...
--
Paul W

   "How long the road is. But, for all the time the journey has already
    taken, how you have needed every second of it in order to learn what
    the road passes by."