rsync from cygwin still a problem.

Gene Livshits livshits@cloud9.net
Sat Nov 29 03:55:00 GMT 2003

Larry,
   It is still definitely a problem and I have noticed that
In the past a lot of people also had problems with this.  I am
Not sure why your system is producing the right result.  All I care
I would like to get it too but I cannot.  That's why I called for help.

	-Gene.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 10:40 PM
To: Gene Livshits; Cygwin List
Subject: Re: rsync from cygwin still a problem.

It's generally considered "bad form" to quote people's addresses when
replying.  It's just fodder for spam harvesters.

I don't see an obvious problem in your cygcheck (though I find it strange
that the errors you get from rsync claim that it's 2.5.5 rather than 2.5.6).
I also can't reproduce your problem when I try the command you gave below.
I'm running Cygwin 1.5.5 and rsync 2.5.6 too.  The "otherhost" machine in
my case was RH Linux 9, though I don't think that's significant.

Larry