Perl port to cygwin question/problem

linda w cygwin@tlinx.org
Thu Nov 27 18:30:00 GMT 2003

  I'm trying to run a program that needs Registry.pm.  I pull it down
as part of Win32::Registry, but when I try to 'make' it, it fails:

Writing Makefile for Win32::ODBC
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Processing hints file hints/cygwin.pl
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lole32
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -loleaut32
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -luuid
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lmsvcrt40
Writing Makefile for Win32::OLE
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Win32::PerfLib
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Win32::Pipe
ERROR from evaluation of
//ishtar/share/CPAN/build-win/libwin32-0.191/Process/Ma
kefile.PL: Undefined subroutine &Win32::IsWinNT called at ./Makefile.PL
line 4.

Anyone have any ideas on why this is breaking or how to make this work?  Is
it something broken in the cygwin "port", of perl, on Win32?

Thanks!
Linda W.