setup cannot proceed to do the installation...

Jason Fu tsfu@graduate.hku.hk
Sun Nov 9 01:04:00 GMT 2003

Sorry.

I use normal user to download and then the admin a/c to install such that all
CYGWIN instaled packages belong to admin. Recently, after downloading by the
normal user a/c, I cannot simply invoke the admin a/c to finish the
installation; it simply stops with both the "back" and "next" buttons dimmed
after MD5 checking!!. I could only "cancel" the installation and nothing else.
I've struggled several times to try to fix the problem:
i) I successfully installed once after removing the /var/log/setup.log*
ii) I successfully installed once after copying the /var/log/setup.log* from
another server 2k3.
iii) I successfully installed once after copying the setup.log* from the
"download" side by the normal user a/c.
iv) NOW this morning I'm trying after I could not proceed again with both the
"back" and "next" buttons dimmed after MD5 checking again!!

I tried the above i)-iv) since each method was valid ONCE only!!

Please help.

Thanks.

Jason

http://www.hkucs.org:8080/~tsfu/