tcflush hang problem

H. Henning Schmidt Henning.Schmidt@lynx-technik.com
Mon Nov 3 09:59:00 GMT 2003

I am pretty certain the the problem which is discussed in this thread
has already been reported in

There is obviously an input buffer, which overflows if you keep an open
filedesc. on a serial port and let some external system generate input
data on that port while your own app does not read them away from there
fast enough. The message referenced above (from March 2003) also
contains a reliable way to reproduce this problem. My guess is, that the
tcflush() itself is probably not guilty in any way, it just helps
reproducing the problem.

;Henning