Stability Problem with Cygwin Pthreads

Marcus Van Der Beek wasistdast@hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 05:28:00 GMT 2003

Hi Arash,

I've built the cygwin1.dll with debugging info off, and I have
been able to replicate your problem. It seems to be comeing from
inside the string allocator in stl but a more deeper anlysis
shows the problem to be coming from the i386 memcpy, i don't
think the memcpy has been written properly.

Other than that i don't think there is much else anyone other
than the cygwin developers can do to correct this problem.

Other dlls i tested and saw the crash are:

the cygwin1.dll snapshot from the 28th,27th,25th,
the cygwin1.dll from latest release (as of last night)

btw i've noticed a new snapshot just now made on nov 2nd, haven't
tried that out yet, but it seems there have been some changes made
to pthreads.

Marcus