Compiled several libraries not in setup

Heath Raftery hraftery@myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 3 04:06:00 GMT 2003

After a non-trivial amount of mucking around, I've managed to compile
several libraries in cygwin, which weren't in the Setup program. I
installed them to compile centericq, but I'm sure they have other uses
too. I think the list is:

libgcrypt
libgcrypt-pthread
libgnutls
libgnutls-extra
libgpg-error
liblzo
libopencdk
libtasn1
libtiff
libz

It would take me some time to go through again and document and test the
changes I had to make to the source, configure and install scripts, so I
wonder if it would be of use to the cygwin community to do so. If it
saves someone else the time it took me the first time, I think it would
be worthwhile. What is the general procedure here?

Regards,
Heath