Can't install rpm-packages

Dario Alcocer alcocer@helixdigital.com
Fri May 16 15:22:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 03:56:55PM +0200, Eckehardt Luhm wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> When trying to install an rpm (I tried a lot!), I get the following error:
[snip error message]

It looks like the rpm file you downloaded is corrupted.

By the way, are you *sure* that the package you're installing will run
on Cygwin? Cygwin cannot run Linux binaries, so unless the package
you're trying to install was produced by another Cygwin RPM program,
I very much doubt you want to be installing the rpm you referred to,
anyway.

The main purpose of RPM on Cygwin right now would be if you wanted to
build your own local packages and manage them with /usr/bin/rpm. I doubt
there are Cygwin rpm packages you'll want to install, anyway.

Another point: no, there are no current plans for setup.exe to
support rpm packages.

--
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
alcocer@helixdigital.com -- http://www.helixdigital.com