suggestion for cygutils - usermod (was Re: howto change home path in /etc/passwd)

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Mon May 12 23:30:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> The below message suggests that maybe we should have a usermod program
> in cygwin.  It should probably be in cygutils, I suspect.
>
> Anyone willing to investigate the linux version of usermod and submit it
> to cygutils (assuming Chuck agrees)?

cygutils contains several utilities from util-linux.  The userfoo tools
are normally found in the 'shadow-utils' package on RPM-based linux systems.

I'm not sure if the userfoo commands belong in cygutils -- or in a
package of their own, as Igor suggests.  I'll go with whatever the
community decides -- but right now, it's a moot point.  I haven't seen
any code.

If anyone is interested in sending me a patch to incorporate the userfoo
tools into cygutils, see /usr/src/doc/cygutils-1.1.3/HOW-TO-CONTRIBUTE

--Chuck