cygipc (and PostgreSQL) XP problem resolved!

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Fri May 9 03:41:00 GMT 2003

Jason Tishler wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 08:31:07PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>
>>I think this needs to be a runtime function, not a compiletime macro.
>

> Given Igor's validation, improvements, and corrections of/to my patch,
> do you still want a runtime function approach?  Or, is the (ugly and
> possibly performance affecting) macro approach OK?

Nope -- I'm an idiot.  You and Igor are correct.  But I'm more concerned
about the other issues I raised, to which nobody has yet responded
(although I'm still working thru the mail).  To whit: 64 bit key_t and
coordination with cygwin dll/newlib.

--Chuck