SV: SV: Tracing down problem when compiling GCC 3.3 under cygwin PR 10626

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Wed May 7 14:47:00 GMT 2003

>>I don't understand what you mean when you say that it is a "red
>>herring".
>
>Did you read what I WROTE?

Yes.

The reason my answer was off was that this CygWin/GCC stuff
is new to me and I'm out of my depth on this one.

>If you have tracked this down to the fact
>that install-sh is getting programs which should have .exe extension
>on its command line THAT IS THE BUG.  That is NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.

I have not tracked this down.

All I have is an inkling of what is going on and some observations that I thought
perhaps might be useful in tracking the problem down for someone who knows
their stuff.

I will add a reference to the GCC PR to this thread.

Øyvind Harboe