A bug in makewhatis?

John R Lyon jack@sie.arizona.edu
Fri May 2 22:40:00 GMT 2003

Hello Igor -

I really can't answer your questions now. I rolled my version of
"makewhatis" back to one with a date of 12/16/2002 and everything works
fine again. As I recall, the permissions on the whatis file were the
usual -rw-r--r--. I know I was shown as the owner. I was able to delete
the file manually using "rm" from within Cygwin. It was always created
just as the makewhatis tool started.

As I said, the older version of makewhatis works without problems.

- Jack