undefined reference to ___assert, _impure_ptr, etc.

Brian Warner numero_7@hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 14:23:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm using Cygwin for compiling the Xerces-C library for MinGW. My program
used the gcc 3.2, and there were no problem, but now I use the gcc 3.2.2 for
my program, so I need to recompile the Xerces-X library too. But the gcc
3.2.2 doesn't exist for Cygwin, so I compiled it with the source on Cygwin,
with the options --enable-threads=posix --enable-shared
--enable-languages=c,c++. The compilation seems to be passed very well, but
now when I want to compile the Xerces-C library, at link time, I've got
several undefined reference errors such as ___assert, _impure_ptr,
___w32_sharedptr_unexpected, etc. Many of these error are related with
libstdc++.a. And when I look in this file, I see the reference to these
functions. So where can this problem come from ? Is my gcc 3.2.2 badly
compiled ? I've seen there is a gcc-mingw, and its configure file is very
different from "normal" gcc configure file. Have I to compile it with a
configure file from the gcc-mingw version ?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fabrice Louis.